Heat pump technology
Delivering Comfort, Safety, and Cleaner Air for Your Home
At a Fraction of the Energy Use
Did you know that about a third of the energy used in California homes goes to heating and cooling?
And right behind that, water heaters are the second biggest energy user in your home. Heat pump technology can offer more than 3x the efficiency of other heating or cooling methods and can significantly reduce the amount of energy you use while also making your home cleaner, healthier and safer.
What is heat pump technology?
You may not be familiar with heat pumps, but they are the second most common heating appliance in the U.S. and are quickly becoming more common for space and water heaters in homes. Instead of creating heat, heat pumps operate more efficiently by capturing heat from the surrounding air and transferring it through a refrigeration and compression cycle to the desired temperature to heat or cool your home or provide hot water. Even if you live in a colder climate, heat pumps can deliver energy-efficient and cost-effective comfort for your home.
The Benefits of Heat Pump Technology
- 3x (or more) the efficiency of conventional gas or electric water heaters
- Can be programmed to heat water when energy rates are lower and store it to provide hot water when you want it
- Reduces harmful emissions from the burning of fossil fuels in gas powered appliances
- Provides both heating and cooling all in a single unit
- Provides cleaner and healthier indoor air quality with no harmful emissions
- Uses less energy than conventional gas or electric heaters